Friday 6 October 2017

5 in 5 : Dahlias

I am a day late joining Sandie in her 5 in 5. The idea is that you take your camera and a timer. Set the timer for five minutes and start clicking. Then choose five to be viewed and posted on the fifth of the month.
This month I have popped out into the main garden and aimed my camera at the row of dahlias that are still in full flower. I have tried to show them from different angles,  in full flower at their best and as they start to die. I have also,caught a couple of visitors. So here is my choice.

1.

2. 

3. 

4.

5.

They are giving a great display and should continue until there is a frost.



4 comments:

  1. A gorgeous selection of photos. I'm very jealous of your butterfly shot - something I've been trying to capture all summer without success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely set of five. I have never grown dahlias, I think I should give a try next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a gorgeous selection here---love the butterfly and the bee. Our dahlias were really lovely this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie I am certain that I posted a comment here so I am suprirsed that it is not showing. Your bright colours are a wonderful sight this morning - though yesterday would have been even more as it was overcast and drizzly. At least today brings blue sky and sunshine, and these beautiful shots of your garden cheer me all the more. They are spectacular blooms and I love the insects, you've captured them really well

    ReplyDelete