Wednesday 18 October 2017

Local Art

I didn't get much of a chance to see many of the Chew Valley Arts Trail venues this year but I did pop into one local art barn in one of the local villages. The lady exhibiting works with glass and I was able to  pick up one Christmas present from her.
Her barn opens out at the back onto a stretch of her garden where another artist was exhibiting. 


There was a selection of garden ornaments, fire balls and fire pits all made from the popular trend of rust. These are giant poppies.


These candle holders were designed with Halloween in mind.


I was quite taken with these amaryllis although I think there would have been quite a lot of muttering from the farmer if I had reappeared with one.


There are a range of larger items such as this giant leaf bowl


Or this pine cone.


Julie's dogs were quite relaxed and were making the most of the afternoon sun.



3 comments:

  1. I like those agapanthus! Maybe I could get them for your birthday (s)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That giant pine cone is quite something, isn't it! I love that final photo of the three dogs. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the pine cone & all the dogs lying in the sun puddles made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete